Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Proposal

Photobucket
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, nudity and language.
I don't think I have ever sat through a movie and wanted to leave the theatre the way I did during this trashy "movie". I take that back; I wanted to leave the theatre when I watched Hellboy II. I think I may have even left some of my intelligence in the theatre after I watched the Hellboy sequel. This was the comedy equivalent of that movie. The basic foundation of The Proposal was that a big executive of a company (Sandra Bullock) was getting deported to Canada because her visa expired so she decides to marry her assistant, played by Ryan Reynolds. Yada yada yada... The material was a bunch of recycled ideas that were used in many good comedies in the past that made them succeed. It didn't work in this movie at all. Sandra Bullock has lost her charm in her recent movies and I would die to see Ryan Reynolds make his films aim toward younger audiences as he did in "Just Friends" in 2005. 1 out of 4 stars.

No comments: