Friday, November 27, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Mr. and Mrs. Fox (Clooney and Streep) live a content home life with their son Ash (Schwartzman) and visiting young nephew Kristophersen. But after 12 years, the bucolic existence proves too much for Mr Fox’s wild animal instincts. Soon he slips back into his old ways as a sneaky chicken thief and in doing so, endangers the whole animal community. Trapped underground and with not enough food to go around, the animals band together to fight against the evil Farmers - Boggis, Bunce and Bean - who are determined to capture the audacious, fantastic Mr. Fox.

My Review: And a fantastic animated story this was. Not only was the animation fantastic, but even more so, the humor the film gives. The performance of Clooney as a charmingly witty fox wins him some brownie points with me. The creativeness of the film captured me in ways that no motion picture has ever achieved. From beginning to end, the laughs kept coming and the performances and the story never dried up. If I had a better way of articulating myself, the praise of this film would never end. Deserving of best animated film. There, I said it. Now everyone knows what to expect from this astounishing tale---literally. ★★★★

Favorite line: "Why a fox? Why not a horse, or a beetle, or a bald eagle? I'm saying this more as, like, existentialism, you know? Who am I? And how can a fox ever be happy without, you'll forgive the expression, a chicken in its teeth?"- Mr. Fox

No comments: