Monday, May 30, 2011

The Hangover Part II

Overall the sequel to the laugh-out-loud original movie was if not more, then just as funny. Although the story and the chain of events almost mirrored the first film, its disastrous situations made up for the lack of originality. The character of Allen made the movie what it was even more so than he did in the first installment. If I'm going to speak from an intellectual standpoint, I would say that this film is an embarrassment of American cinematic production that shouldn't have gone past the drawing board. On the other hand, as a movie-goer I would say that it was a hilarious film. Even though a lot of the images in the movie were not needed and may have scarred many in the audience including myself, it did not subtract from the level of hilarity that the sequel had. If I have make one thing clear however, it would be that I don't want there to be a third movie. That would be over-kill to what has already been killed. 2 out of 4 stars.

No comments: