Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amelia

Photobucket
After becoming the first woman to fly across the Atlantic, Amelia(Hilary Swank) was thrust into a new role as America's sweetheart known for her bold, larger-than-life charisma. She was an inspiration to people everywhere, from First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt to the men closest to her heart: her husband, promoter and publishing magnate George P. Putnam (Richard Gere). In the summer of 1937, Amelia set off on her most daunting mission yet: a solo flight around the world that she and George both anxiously foresaw as destined, whatever the outcome, to become one of the most talked-about journeys in history.

My Review: Amelia failed to take off in my opinion. The film told me nothing that what I had already not known. The script was horrific and a majority of the performances were wooden. The only praise this film gets from me is the scenery and the performance of Hilary Swank. It was a near-flawless representation in terms of personality and appearance. The movie had good intentions but failed to catch my eye. The man snoring two rows in front of me didn't help either. I was expecting more from such a renowned cast and production team. No Oscars except for acting are deserved. ★★

No comments: