Monday, December 14, 2009

Everybody's Fine

"Everybody’s Fine" follows a widower (Robert De Niro) who embarks on an impromptu road trip to reconnect with each of his grown children only to discover that their lives are far from picture perfect.

My Review: The lighthearted turned emotional dramedy was pleasing to watch with the time passing by effortlessly. De Niro's performance was by far one of the best in his career because while watching it, you feel for the character who tried to make his children's lives planned out but not appreciated by the very ones that should have been. At times, the film becomes painful to watch. I felt De Niro's pain as he traveled to each of his children and not receiving so much of a warm welcome. Though predictable, like most movies made today, I still felt that "Everybody's Fine" has made an impact on my life. I will learn from the sobering situations that the characters are faced with throughout the film and carry those lessons with me when faced with similar obstacles. 3 out of 4 stars.

No comments: