Monday, August 3, 2009

Funny People

Photobucket
Let me start by saying this: I was looking forward to this film more than any other one this summer. I was so disappointed by the story and the roles given to Sandler and Rogen. The concept of Funny People is that Adam Sandler finds out he has a terminal disease and is expected to die shortly. Rogen is an up and coming comic that does a bit that Sandler enjoyed listening to. Yada, yada, yada, Sandler makes Rogen work for him. I didn't like this movie for many reasons but the main reason was because it made Adam Sandler be so unlikable. I always thought that if anything, Rogen would be the rotten snob while Sandler was more humble and sincere. The first half of the movie was tolerable and as it "progressed", it got worse. I was yawning through the whole thing, waiting for someone to say something even remotely funny. I got nothing. I am disappointed with Apatow's direction and the way the story made me feel like I was watching two separate films. Pity points will apply to this rating because I usually enjoy Sandler, Rogen, and Apatow in other works. 2 out of 4 stars.

No comments: