Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Hurt Locker

The Hurt Locker is a portrait of the courage under fire of the military's unrecognized heroes: the technicians of a bomb squad who volunteer to challenge the odds and save lives doing one of the world's most dangerous jobs. Three members of the Army's elite Explosive Ordnance Disposal squad battle insurgents and one another as they search for and disarm a wave of roadside bombs on the streets of Baghdad—in order to try and make the city a safer place for Iraqis and Americans alike.

My Review: The film should have been titled "How to Defuse a Bomb in Less Than Two Minutes". The movie failed to capture my attention and ultimately left me questioning the overall purpose of story and why it is getting so much recognition. The acting was real and the wisdom that the film gives sums up the reasons for me liking it. I was expecting an action film with plenty of suspense and violence. The majority of the film takes place in an Iraqi desert and shows the relationships the soldiers form and how efficiently they perform their duty. If I had watched this movie prior to the award recognition, maybe I would be able to give it a better rating. I will pretend that I saw this in June with the rating I give. 3 out of 4 stars.

1 comment:

7tavern admin said...

Hi,

We've browsed through your reviews and thought that they are really original and interesting! We would like to invite you to publish your reviews on 7tavern.com, which provides an alternative platform for promising movie reviewers to showcase their talents. In addition, you'll find a growing community of bloggers who share the same passion for excellent movies! Based on the merit of your reviews, we intend to offer you exclusive publishing privileges on our website!

Please feel free to contact us to discuss our proposal. =)

Cheers,
7tavern Team
admin@7tavern.com