Sunday, May 31, 2009

Drag Me To Hell

Photobucket
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of horror violence, terror, disturbing images and language.
Let me retract what I said when I first started this blog. I said that I wouldn't be watching or rating any horror films. This was an exception. Drag Me To Hell was one of those instances that I couldn't help myself with because the trailer was too damn enticing! This movie is about Christine, a bank employee that will possibly be getting a promotion to assistant manager. She comes across a client, an elderly gypsy woman with a glass eye and disgusting habits, who is looking for another extension on her mortgage payments. Christine, having her eyes on the prize of assistant manager, refuses to give the woman a third extension and in turn, the old woman curses her. Through the movie, you are kept on your toes, not knowing what will happen next. The rest of the story gives away too much information, thus being the reason I will not say anymore other than this: there is a monumental twist at the very end of the movie that was least expected. It left me in shock and yearning for a sequel, which is probably unlikely because the story ended in such a way that would make a sequel overkill. 3 out of 4 stars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review mike i never knew this thing has been up since december hahah time to start advertising u know
it's me from food science guess who

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some review! It almost makes me want to see the movie.

Jordan said...

I love Sam Raimi. Might take a chance on this one. Up was sensational.